Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just a little something to bring some Spring into your day.  It is snowing right now here at Five Penny and I am wishing it was spring already.  But, never the less enjoy todays designs!
Okay, I am guilty, I am slowly falling in love with gerbera daisies.  They are such a cheerful flower, especially when it is sowing outside and Spring just won't come.  It also helps that these daisies are bright yellow with the slightest hint of orange.   
This picture doesn't do the vase justice, but it is a green glass, very natural looking with bubbles in the glass.  I love the shape and form of this arrangement, also the two-tone ribbon is one of my favorites.
I love glads, they are a really great money saving flower because you get almost 12 blooms off each stem and they last for a long time.  I paired them with lavender stick, green fuji spider mums and some unique lavender button poms.  
This arrangement was designed for a dear friend of mine who lost her brother this past weekend.  I knew I couldn't send her something plain and boring, so I too high class to the extreme with large white callas, liatris, seafoam statice, and a new green that I love.  
I love green and white together, I think it is so clean and natural.  I love the white ceramic container that the hydrangea and bells of Ireland are arranged in.  Lily grass adds a touch of modern design, which makes it stellar I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment